Of all the items under the “appetizers” heading on a restaurant menu, none may be more satisfying than mozzarella sticks. At home and in your kitchen, it’s still a combination of flavors that’s hard to beat during any occasion where guests are coming over and finger foods are going to be a necessity. Be it a birthday party, sports game or family gathering of any type, something to set out on the table before the main course is essential to keep your guests happy before the main course is ready.
The problem with this dish – and inherently all foods cooked in a deep fryer – is the oil that cooks it. Not only is heating vegetable oil to the temperature required to cook food unhealthy, the artery-clogging substance is also stripping foods of its inherit nutrients. Those are just two items off a laundry list of concerns when it comes to fried food. Sure, it’s tasty and easy to prepare but it certainly isn’t good for you. Fortunately, air fryer devices are already on the market and can help you cut calories from your favorite foods thanks to the lack of oil required for preparation. For readers researching Power Air Fryer reviews, we’re here to offer up a recipe for crowd-pleasing mozzarella sticks that you can prepare at home without the guilt and health risks.
- A 1-pound block of mozzarella cheese,
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of non-fat milk
- 25 cup of white flour
- 1 cup of plain bread crumbs
- Cut cheese into 3-inch by half-inch sticks
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl. Place flour in a bowl. Mix eggs and milk together and put in a bowl.
- Dip cheese sticks in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Lay breaded sticks on a cookie sheet
- Place in freezer for half-an-hour or until solid
- Place small batches of bread sticks into the Fry Basket of your Power Air Fryer
- Press the “M” button and scroll to “French fries.”
- Press the “power” button and adjust cooking time to 12 minutes at 400 degrees.